As part of a security audit I needed a quick way to change the ESXi root passwords without having to go on to each server. I was looking for a script that would automate at least some of the work for me and I came across a script called Change-ESXiPassword.ps1 that was created by Jesse Gardner which I thought I would give a try.
After running the script and knowing it works fine I will be personally be running this every quarter.
- prompts you for the old password
- prompts you for the new password
- prompts you for the vCenter server name
- prompts you for vCenter credentials
- Queries vCenter for all hosts that you wish. See “Host selection section” in the middle of the script to tweak what hosts it may find
- Disconnects from vCenter
- Connects to each host individually and changes the root password
Download the script HERE and give it a try.